No more monkeys jumping on the bed!
Last Friday, we were stuck in the house because Joseph wasn't feeling well. Benjamin and Katelyn were getting a little restless and Benji decided he would pass the time by jumping on the bed. It had been less than about 10 seconds when I heard a blood curdling scream (which at the time I assumed was exaggerated) and ran right to Benjamin only to find that he had a pretty serious gash in the side of his head. Somehow he had fallen off the bed and hit his head on the side table. I quickly grabbed a towel and put pressure on it, meanwhile trying to calm him down. I called an ask-a-nurse line (one of my favorite things in the whole world) and had her help me decide if he needed stitches or not. In the end we opted to not go for stitches to see how the wound would heal on it's own. We used a little liquid bandage and cleaned it really well and it seems to be doing great. Needless to say, Benjamin hasn't jumped on the bed since then!

2 Comments:
Yikes! At storytime tonight we read Ava, "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!". I'm glad it's something that will heal rather quickly - as opposed to broken bones.
Sorry to hear about Benjamin's head and I sure hope it will heal soon.
Glad to see you blog again!
We miss you in primary.
Post a Comment
<< Home