11.21.2006

I love Thanksgiving!

I love this time of year because it means time for baking which I LOVE to do! I also love getting to spend time with friends and family. I just wanted to share with you my personal favorite dessert for Thanksgiving which people have come to expect me to make every year!

Pumpkin Roll



3 eggs
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. pumpkin
1 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Filling:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease very well a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan. Beat eggs until fluffy. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. In a separate bowl combline flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture. Spread into jelly roll pan, then sprinkle with nuts. Bake about 15 minutes - the cake will start to pull away from the sides of the pan when it is ready. While the cake is baking, lay a kitchen towel out on a flat surface and sprinkle a kitchen towel with powdered sugar (this will keep the cake from sticking to the towel). When the cake is done baking, immediately remove it from the oven and turn it out onto the kitchen towl and roll the towel and cake up together quickly. Let it cool completely. Unroll the cake, frost with the filling, and then roll it back up without the towel. Filling: Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Looks yummy. I've always wanted to try making a pumpkin roll. I'll have to give your recipe a try. Thanks!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks very delicious!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home