9.14.2006

Football, walking, and colors!

1. Joseph had his first football game last saturday! He did really well, except when it came time for his team to receive the punt. His team had never practiced anything punting related, so they weren't prepared. When the ball was punted, it went straight to Joseph, who picked it up, looked around, and then threw it right in the middle of a group of boys on the other team! We couldn't blame him, because he was completely baffled as to what he was supposed to do. His team won anyway, and he had a great time!

2. Katelyn is quickly approaching her first birthday (September 26th) - wah! It makes me want to cry like a baby. It is bittersweet as they grow up, I think. She is trying to walk a little bit. She will take 3 or 4 steps here or there when we make her. She laughs the whole time and when she falls, she laughs some more.

3. Benjamin is learning so much in preschool! Today he came home and we began preparing lunch. We were slicing up a red apple and Benjamin said, "this is red" and proceeded to show me the sign language for 'red'. I asked him if he knew any other colors in sign language and he showed me the signs for blue, yellow, green, orange, white, black, grey, purple and brown. I thought possibly he was just making these things up so I went online to look up the various colors in ASL and he was right! Color me impressed. Sometimes my kids memories just amaze me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Fun! We're doing soccer again (not fun) and I don't even have #2 in preschool. I'm lazy, I guess. Glad you guys are well!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Sounds like all of your kids are doing well and keeping busy. I can't believe Katelyn is almost 1!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home