7.15.2006

Is everything better in a tub?

For those of you who don't know Jared and me very well, let me give you some information. Jared likes to argue. According to his mom and siblings he has been that way since the day he could talk. He will argue endlessly about a variety of topics. It doesn't even matter if he really thinks he is right or not. (this is why he might make a good lawyer)

I like to argue as well, but not as much as Jared, so most of our arguments end because I am worn out.

Most of the time Jared and I argue about things that are of little importance. Here is one of our recent arguments:

Jared comes home from Aldi with a tub of pretzels.

Me: Why did you buy a tub of pretzels? Isn't it cheaper to buy a bag?
Jared: Well, I picked up a bag of pretzels, but then I saw the tub and they looked good.
Me: They will probably go bad before we eat them all.
Jared: Everything is better that comes in a tub.
Me: Everything?
Jared: yes. EVERYTHING.
Me: What about country crock margarine? I don't like country crock margarine and it comes in a tub.
Jared: Well the country crock margarine that comes in the large tub is much better than the smaller size container.
Me: Both sizes come in tubs.
Jared: It is not a tub unless it is large.
Me: Well not everything is better in tubs.
Jared: Yes it is.
(I think for a little bit. Jared goes off to do something else. I hunt him down and tell him this)
Me: Cotton candy that comes in tubs is not better than cotton candy that comes on a stick.
Jared: everything is better in tubs.


So as you can see... Jared always gets the last word. Also, our arguments are completely pointless. What do you all think about things in tubs? Is it better in a tub?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

#1 Rule of Trying to Argue a Point: NEVER speak in absolutes. (ie, using the words: EVERYTHING, ALWAYS, NEVER...) ;)

That is my opinion. I'd have to side with Megan on this one.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I'd say no.

:o)

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Everything better in a tub? Wow this brings back memories. I have had many long discussion wtih Jared about silly things as this and I never got the last word. Nothing better than popcorn in a tub at the theater. Jared would say Ky Fried Chicken best chicken in a tub. Now you can get mash potatoes in a tub... can't be better than Real Mash Poatoes! Thanks for sharing Megan. Jared's MOM

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home