7.03.2007

Palmyra, New York

About a week and a half ago we had the opportunity to go to Palmyra to see some church sites. We were able to see where the first Book of Mormon was printed and learn all about the process. I never realized what painstaking work it was to print books, but it was just amazing to learn all about it. Here we are in the print shop:


We then went on to see the little cabin where Joseph Smith lived as a boy. It was incredibly small and hard to imagine how so many people were able to live in that house!

Here are pictures of their barn and second home which they built later:

And of course, the trip would not be complete without being able to visit the Sacred Grove. We even had a family prayer there which was very special. What struck me was how peaceful it is there. I only heard the sounds of the leave rustling and birds chirping, and the rays of sunlight shone through the trees just like you see in paintings!
It was such a blessing to be able to go and SEE the area which we talk about all the time in church. I am grateful the kids were able to see it too because it gives them something to picture when they hear about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures are great! It's nice to see you guys, albeit, only in pictures. I think the picture of Joseph and the parrot is funny. When enlarged it looks like the parrot has hold of his nose! OUCH! I can hear Joseph laughing now ~
XXXOOO,
Nonni

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home